1. Can I divide my 6-week internship in two parts, i.e. can I have first 3 weeks after 2nd year and another 3 weeks after 3rd year?
Internship can be divided into 2 parts bearing in mind that it can only be taken during an academic term.
2. How many internships per term can I have?
For SST and SEng students there can be up to 2 internships per term but in special circumstances you can petition to the Dean for more internship.
SHSS students can take more than 1 internship, however only 1 can be counted as a credit-bearing. Other internships could be registered as Sanctioned.
3. In the CB internship proposal form for SEng students there must be a signature of a site supervisor. In many cases internships start after the deadline for registration and the company is situated in another location. How can we get the signature to meet the deadlines?
You can fill in and gather all the signatures on the proposal form and take it with you to the place of internship. On the first day of the internship you can receive the signature of the site supervisor and send scanned proposal to the School office. Only in this case your internship can be considered complete and you are eligible for credits.
4. What information is needed for CAC to prepare an official letter for the internship (“direction”) in case if the internship is self-found?
CAC needs the full name of the company, its full address, the full name of the company head and of the student, major, dates of the internship. The letter must be ordered 2 weeks prior to the internship.
5. How long is an internship agreement signed by Nazarbayev University?
At minimum you should expect it to be signed within 10 business days. However, the time can vary depending on other circumstances.
6. Am I eligible for credit-bearing internship?
All students should have at least 60 credits, no academic/disciplinary issues, not on a probation period.